Improving Comprehension Instruction: Rethinking Research, Theory and Classroom Practice by John Wiley & Sons Inc (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.30+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionCo--published by Jossey--Bass and the International Reading Association, Improving Comprehension Instruction provides a comprehensive overview of current research, proven methods, and successful applications for designing and delivering effective comprehension instruction in K--12 classrooms across the curriculum. Featuring chapters written by ted experts in literacy, cognition, and teaching methodology, this much--needed volume examines the broad array of strategies that teachers can use to develop comprehension proficiency in all students, even those who have had limited previous success in reading. Each chapter focuses on a particular facet of comprehension, presenting research, model instructional practices, and steps needed to ensure that the instructional invations are effectively adopted in the classroom. The book also highlights sample lessons, showing how comprehension can be prompted, modeled, or demonstrated by the teacher. Strategies for instructing students from urban at--risk or diverse linguistic backgrounds, for overcoming particular reading problems, and for making effective use of educational techlogy receive prominent attention.
- Author BiographyCathy Collins Block is professor of education at Texas Christian University and a member of the national faculty of The University of Notre Dame. She has directed and served as principal investigator of six nationally funded research projects, published numerous research studies on compliance, and has served on the board of directors of a number of educational organizations. Linda Gambrell is director, division of education at Clemson University. She has coauthored books on reading instruction and written numerous articles published in journals such as Reading Research Quarterly, The Reading Teacher, Educational Psychologist and Journal of Educational Research. Michael Pressley is the professor of psychology at Michigan State University. He is an expert in comprehension processing in primary-level reading education. Pressley has received numerous awards for his research contributions in the fields of cognition, reading, and teaching.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byCathy Collins Block,Linda B. Gambrell,Michael Pressley
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.