All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionPractical, proven techniques for improving team performance in the health care world Teams and collaboration have become an expectation in most healthcare facilities and environments. It is accepted that high performance, patient focused teams are critical to quality patient care. However, there is often a wide gap between traditional practices and the new behaviours and practices required for teamwork and collaboration. Improving Health Care Team Performance goes beyond theory to provide the kwledge, tools, and techniques required to develop a single team, or to develop an organization wide team based culture, from which exceptional patient care emerges. Most uniquely it emphasizes that effective teamwork goes far beyond team dynamics and provides detailed description of additional requirements, such as shared learning and change compatibility, and how to fulfill them. A practical handbook for healthcare leaders striving to ensure a superior patient experience and high quality of care, Improving Healthcare Team Performance t only provides specifics on how to develop high functioning teams, whether multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, or departmental but also offers those dealing with the common healthcare leadership challenges of low morale, poor communication, interpersonal conflict, and lack of kwledge sharing the tools to take immediate action to improve performance. Providing a proven approach to addressing and preventing everyday issues impacting patient care, Improving Health Care Team Performance contains everything needed to identify areas of greatest need within a team or department, take targeted action to address key gaps, and measure progress towards positive change. * Presents a clear depiction of what constitutes collaboration and a high-performing patient focused team. This includes the skills and practices required to improve team performance and ultimately the quality of patient care, how to develop new attitudes and behaviours within the team, as well as the leadership requirements for success in a patient focused, team based culture. * Provides a set of development tools accessible online to help the reader quickly and easily apply the kwledge gleaned. * Offers targeted solutions including tips/recommendations, a step-by-step approach for affecting necessary change at every level of the organization, and skills and team development activities. Designed for leaders working in any healthcare environment, Improving Health Care Team Performance is a practical approach to improving team performance and the quality of patient care.
- Author BiographyLeslie Bendaly is recognized as a forward thinker and practitioner in the areas of leadership, teamwork and organizational change. She is the founder of Kinect Inc. and author of several books on leadership including Strength in Numbers, Winner Instinct and Leadership on the Run. Her models, tools and publications are used in organizations worldwide and her books have been selected as mandatory reading for MBA and other postgraduate programs in both the USA and Canada. Nicole Bendaly is president of Kinect Inc. and has developed a reputation as an acute observer and interpreter of organizational behaviour in healthcare. She applies her knowledge and experience to the design and implementation of learning solutions and assessment tools that support the development of patient-focused cultural change and improved leadership and team performance. A number of these are used in over 200 healthcare organizations across North America.
- Author(s)Leslie Bendaly,Nicole Bendaly
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.