All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- Description'This is an important book, t least because OfTED may well have changed English schools more substantially than any previous curriculum development or assessment development programme' - Mentoring & Tutoring This book looks at the relationship between school inspection and school improvement. The authors show how heads have used inspectors' reports to put in place real school improvement. They deal with the contexts of inspection and comparisons are made with the Australian experience of school self-review. The book focuses on how schools have developed a culture of self-inspection. The authors consider the system of OfSTED inspections and ask how beneficial inspection has been in encouraging schools to develop and improve. They suggest there is need for a change and that there are alternative approaches to school assessment and improvement, which could be more effective. They argue that the school's own evaluation processes should play a greater part in the arrangements for inspection. Improving Schools and Inspection will be essential reading for headteachers and other professionals engaged in dealing with inspections.
- Author BiographyBrian Fidler is Professor of Education Management at the University of Reading. He is course leader of the MSc School Improvement and has published widely on aspects of education management and leadership, particularly strategic planning and school inspection. He is editor of the International Journal School Leadership and Management.
- Author(s)Brian Fidler,Janet Ouston,Neil Ferguson,Peter Earley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.