All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionEggs are ecomical and of high nutritional value, yet can also be a source of foodborne disease. Understanding of the factors influencing egg quality has increased in recent years and new techlogies to assure egg safety have been developed. Improving the safety and quality of eggs and egg products reviews recent research in these areas. Volume 1 focuses on egg chemistry, production and consumption. Part one sets the scene with information on egg production and consumption in certain countries. Part two then provides essential information on egg formation and chemistry. Factors that impact egg quality are the focus of part three. Chapters cover the role of poultry breeding, hen nutrition and laying environment, among other significant topics. Part four addresses organic and free range egg production, the impact of egg production on the environment and n-poultry eggs. A chapter on processed egg products completes the volume. With its distinguished editors and international team of contributors, Volume 1 of Improving the safety and quality of eggs and egg products is an essential reference for managers in the egg industry, professionals in the food industry using eggs as ingredients and all those with a research interest in the subject.
- Author BiographyDr Yves Nys is a Research Leader in the Poultry Research Unit at the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France. Dr Maureen Bain is Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow, UK. Prof. Filip Van Immerseel leads a research group in the Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Poultry Diseases at the Ghent University, Belgium.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byFilip Van Immerseel,Maureen Bain,Yves Nys
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.