All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned improvisation instructor and award-winning director Mick Napier has been at the heart of the professional improvisation community for over 25 years. The first edition of Improvise. quickly earned its position as necessary reading for improvisation students across the country and around the world and gave birth to a new generation of performers who questioned The Rules of improvisation. This expanded and revised edition provides additional advice and tips for success, as well as a full reproduction of Napier's web journal from his time directing the famous show Paradigm Lost for The Second City that included Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, and Kevin Dorff. In this entertaining and incredibly informative book, Napier will teach you the essentials of: Why The Rules don't matter; How to take care of yourself in a scene; Using context to your advantage; Effective two-person scenes; Balanced large-cast scenes; Successful auditioning; Solo exercises you can practice at home.
- Author BiographyMick Napier is the founder of the acclaimed Annoyance Theatre in Chicago and New York, as well as a Director and Artistic Consultant for The Second City, the most influential and prolific comedy theater in the world. Napier is known both nationally and internationally as an innovator and creative force in comedy, improvisation, and theatre. His first book, Improvise: Scene from the Inside Out has become required reading for many improv students. With the Annoyance, Mick has spent more than 25 years developing and cultivating a style of work and production that has been both acclaimed and imitated. As a Director and Artistic Consultant for the globally renowned Second City, he made his mark, having directed more than 10 revues there including the 40th and 50th Anniversary revues, and Paradigm Lost, which earned him a Joseph Jefferson Award for Direction.
- Author(s)Mick Napier
- PublisherChristian Publishers LLC
- Date of Publication17/08/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationIA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMeriwether Publishing,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byStephen Colbert
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.