All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionImprovisational piecing methods anchored within traditional quilting designs. Improvising Tradition pairs improvisationally pieced elements with more structured, and perhaps more familiar, quilt patterns to create projects that share a fresh, clean, and modern aesthetic. Author Alexandra Ledgerwood introduces readers to three basic improv piecing techniques: strip sets, piecing improvised strata, and slice and insert, then marries them with traditional quilting designs such as log cabins, coin and bar quilts, and even Hawaiian quilts. By using improvised elements within traditional patchwork quilt designs, Alexandra merges new and old quilting styles into projects that will appeal to a wide range of quilters. Eighteen original and modern quilting projects combine the beauty and familiarity of traditional techniques with the fresh, fun spirit of improvised quilting.
- Author BiographyAlexandra Ledgerwood is a modern quilter and a member of the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild. Her work has been published in Stitch, Modern Quilting Unlimited, Machine Quilting Unlimited, and Quilting Quarterly. She enjoys working with scraps, baking, and a good cup of tea. She lives in Overland Park, Kansas, with her husband and two sons.
- Author(s)Alexandra Ledgerwood
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/12/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width216 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.