All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionCats are a part of our everyday life. But do we think of them when we think of great art? Here is a picture book for adults and students of all ages...A picture book of cats in art! Different colors, shapes, sizes...Some that are only small parts of the painting, some which are the focus of the painting. You can look through these paintings that span many centuries, and tice the similarities and the differences between them...See the colors, the textures and patterns, and more. Take te of whether there are people included in the different paintings, and if so, if men, women, or children are more often portrayed with the cats. And most of all, enjoy! Note to parents: All of the paintings selected for the books in this series are child-friendly - but we aren't necessarily recommending all of the other paintings by these same artists! If you and your children want to go exploring after this - please exercise caution.
- Author BiographyCatherine's appreciation for Great Art started slowly. Beginning with a love of all things Leonardo da Vinci, in recent years she branched out to Claude Monet, Winslow Homer, and Norman Rockwell. And there her love of art sat for many years. Only in the last few years has she come to recognize and enjoy the works of many other artists, and in the process has fallen in love with many of their paintings, both well-known and not so well-known. This series started simply: a few books to introduce children to art and artists they might not have known - all arranged along a single theme (first hats, then with animals, then bridges, and so it went). Before long she had multiplied her efforts and her books, all the while introducing not just her students, but also many adults to the vast array of artwork that so many of us sadly neglect.
- Author(s)Mrs Catherine McGrew Jaime
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.