All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn Christ & On Track is a definitive study of the signature Pauline expression 'in Christ' within its historical and literary contexts. The expression itself or its equivalence appears about 165 times in the pertinent correspondence, and provides the focus for the apostle's life and teaching. As such, the significance of this phrase for Pauline studies is of great importance. Since the Pauline correspondence provides the major component in the New Testament corpus, this study has invaluable implications for New Testament theology and New Testament studies as a whole. The study is a representative of the apostolic tradition, and serves as a corrective against deviant theological posturing_as illustrated by the Gstic movement. With a wide range of topics addressed such as: Paul As Paradigm; Christ of Faith; and Jesus of History, Professor Inch's in-depth analysis makes a significant contribution to the innumerable Pauline studies.
- Author BiographyMorris A. Inch is Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Wheaton College in Illinois, and has also acted as president of the Institute of Holy Land Studies (now, Jerusalem University College), Jerusalem, Israel. He was awarded an A.B. from Houghton College, a M.Div. from Gordon Divinity School, and a Ph.D. from Boston University. He has authored about thirty-five books, including Matthew in the Messianic Tradition, The Elder Brother: A Christian Alternative to Anti-Semitism, and Two Mosaic Motifs: Freedom Trek & Gentiles Are Us.
- Author(s)Morris A. Inch
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.