Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.39Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionOffice politics... real estate deals... fathers and sons... control freaks... marriage and family... ambition... competition... the accumulation and exercise of corporate power... these are the subjects that Ethan Cooper addresses in IN CONTROL, the first vel in the Corporate Quartet, his tetralogy of workplace fiction. In IN CONTROL, Harry Kramer, the Chairman and CEO of a major bank, finances the construction of a sixty-story office tower, even though he kws the market for office space will be saturated when the building is finished. He then pulls a young executive named Gordon Elliam from the pack and makes him the front person for the loan. In telling this story, Harry describes the distant and controlling relationships he establishes with Gordon and other banking associates. He tells of his wily effort to outsmart other major players in this business deal. And he talks of his own son, Hay Kramer, who bears a certain resemblance to Gordon. In this way, he begins to talk about his marriage and family. At the vel's conclusion, the shrewd Harry wins again. But he has shown the effects of his need to be in control. IN CONTROL is a must-read for those interested in leverage and intrigue in the C-suite and the traits that enable managers to rise to the top.
- Author BiographyEthan Cooper is the pseudonym of Tim Harris, a New York-based editor and novelist who has written the Corporate Quartet, a series of four connected novels about life in business. These novels--IN CONTROL, SMOOTH IN MEETINGS, TOM'S JOB, and TRIP AT THE TOP--examine the rewards and perils of ambition and success through the careers and family experiences of: 1) a CEO who runs a major bank; 2) a rising star in the high-tech industry; 3) an everyman who muddles through; and 4) a narcissistic owner of a small business who is trying to attract investors. The plots of all four novels are rich with office intrigue and touched by the presence of the same savvy billionaire.
- Author(s)Ethan Cooper
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.