All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionSam Cottle grew up in a fishing family and, thanks to the inspiration of his grandfather, Cap, who nearly single-handedly created the port of Point Judith in southern Rhode Island, he became a successful captain in his own right. Here are Sam's first-hand accounts of his life at sea, from the terror of a vessel sinking in the middle of the night, to the excitement of dragging up unexploded depth charges and great white sharks in the nets, to the grueling toil and ultimate satisfaction that comes with an honest day's haul. Captain Sam introduces a whole host of colorful characters-from loving grandmothers to eccentric neighbors-all of whom played a role in shaping Sam's life and seafaring career.
- Author BiographyCaptain Samuel Cottle is a former commercial fisherman and fishing boat owner who has experienced all the situations written about in this book. When ill health and a series of boat-related calamities forced him ashore, he moved to Maine. He currently works in financial services and lives in Albion, Maine with his wife Gloria.
- Author(s)Samuel S. Cottle
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication10/12/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDown East Books,U.S.
- Content Note26 black & white halftones
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.