All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn early 1915, the death of a young friend on the battlefields of Ypres inspired Canadian soldier, field surgeon and poet John McCrae to write In Flanders Fields.' Within months of the poem's December 1915 publication in the British magazine Punch it became part of the collective consciousness in North America and Europe, and its extraordinary power has endured over the decades and across generations. In this anthology, Canada's finest historians, velists and poets contemplate the evolving meaning of the poem.'
- Author BiographyContributors include: Margaret Atwood, Joseph Boyden, George Elliott Clarke, Tim Cook, Lt.-Gen. (ret'd) Romeo Dallaire, Wade Davis, Ken Dryden, Frances Itani, Mary Janigan, Patrick Lane, Hannah Moscovitch, Kevin Patterson, Jonathan Vance.
- Author(s)Amanda Betts
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWestminster
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width150 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.