All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFive years after the magnificent Picchio (Konckabout, 2011), Winshluss returns with the hilarious In God We Trust. His multi-levelled retelling of The Bible revises the founding myths of the holy book. We are guided through the maze of the Old and New Testament by St. Franky, with a se like a straw-berry from drinking altar wine and a sceptical atti-tude. With him, we visit the scenes of Scripture and believe it or t, this is t what we thought! A true spiritual journey, In God We Trust is an absurd epic with startling ranging of drawing on display.
- Author BiographyWinshluss, born in France 1970, published his first work in the fanzine The Adventures of Miguel in 1995. After an appearance in UPSA Comix, his work appeared in the journals Jade, Scrap Hospital and Brut. Two years later came Super Negra in which the author was already raising the foundations of his very personal graphic style, with his sharp line emphasizing a corrosive and devastating cynicism. He participated in collective Comix 2000 and Lapin in collaboration with Cizo Welcome To The Death Club, 2001. Les Requins Marteaux also in 2001 produced M. Feraille, an iconoclastic book in which he and Cizo brought joy to the heart with a brilliant and hilarious parody of the world of cartoons of the 1950s and Triumphal American capitalism. In the same spirit, they brought their offbeat and irreverent humor to The Supermarket and The Scrap Museum, two of the best ever exhibitions at the Angouleme comics festival in France. The year 2004 saw the release of Smart Monkey. He struck again in 2006 and 2007 in co-producing with Cizo two albums of Buzz & Wizz. These last three albums earned him many nominations at the Angouleme Festival. His most recent book is In God We Trust. In parallel, he started a career in animation and film shorts with Raging Blues and Oh Boy What Nice Legs (with Cizo) and the animated feature Persepolis (under his real name Vincent Parronnaud and co-directed by Marjane Satrapi). The film got the Special Jury Prize in 2007 from the Cannes Film Festival and was nominated in 2008 for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature and a Golden Globe. They are currently teaming up again to adapt Satrapi's 2006 book Chicken with Plums.
- PublisherKnockabout Comics
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKnockabout Comics
- Content Note1
- Weight729 g
- Width217 mm
- Height267 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.