Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionIn Great Waters is a fictional history both familiar and alien. In Kit Whitfield's stunning reimagining of the world, an uneasy accord holds between the people of the land and the people of the sea. Without deepsmen guarding its shores, nation can resist invasion - and without princes born of the royal blood, part landsman and part deepsman, nation can maintain its allies in the ocean. The royal strain is fiercely protected, and the penalties for unauthorised breeding between landsmen and deepsmen are terrible. But w the house of England is collapsing under centuries of inbreeding. Anne, its youngest scion, watches her mother's desperate fight to keep the throne stable and prays for a safer world. But hidden away on a secluded estate is Henry, bastard heathen, groomed all his cold, lonely life to make a grab for power. If either of them is to survive the coming conflict, they wil need more than faith alone.
- Author BiographyKit Whitfield is a graduate of Christ's College, Cambridge and completed an MA in Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia. Her first novel, Bareback (published in the US as Benighted) was shortlisted for the Authors Club Best First Novel Award, and longlisted for the Waverton Good Read Award. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Kit Whitfield
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight282 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.