Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.50+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author Lisa Birnie investigates the true story of two women and their roles during the Holocaust. When Mania Kroll was seven years old, her aim in life was to become Poland's Shirley Temple. But when Germany invaded Poland in 1939, her life was drastically changed. Fast forward to 1976 and Mania, w an adult living in Toronto, hires a cleaning lady, Johanne, who she believes to recognise as a concentration camp guard...
- Author BiographyLisa (Hobbs) Birnie worked for thirty years as a newspaper reporter in Melbourne, London, San Francisco and Vancouver; served full time on the National Parole Board of Canada for nine years; and was a contributing editor to the magazine Saturday Night. She has written ten books, which have included New York Times bestselling titles, and won numerous prizes including a Ford Foundation Fellowship to Stanford University, the Hubert Evans Non-Fiction Prize, a Gold from the Canadian National Magazine Foundation. Lisa was a writer-in-residence at Monash University in Melbourne and currently lives in Vancouver, BC. She is eighty-one years old and sees no reason to stop writing.
- Author(s)Lisa Birnie
- PublisherSimply Read Books
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimply Read Books
- Weight502 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.