All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever found yourself at the end of a struggle having learned a lesson that you never expected to learn? After the death of her Pastor, Rev. Venus, Isadella reflects back on her circumstances and the factors that have influenced her life. Growing up as a child in the pre-civil rights movement South, she was raised by her grandmother with close family relationships. Isadella witnessed the persecution of her people, and her family experienced one tragedy after ather. Then, Isadella's grandmother decided to move the family to Washington, D.C. where they joined a ndeminational Christian Church. The pastor of the church challenged Isadella's personal theology time after time, and she struggled to make sense of his teachings and actions, living her life in accord with God's will for her. It was through these challenges that Isadella learns to let herself go and let God direct her life, ultimately finding Christ's peace. Bessie Downing's In My Family House is an inspiring story of a woman who, through sticking to her convictions, finds that her life isn't as far from God as she may have thought.
- Author BiographyA native of Georgia, Bessie Downing lives in Newnan, Georgia, with her husband. She is a retired educator, who received a bachelor's degree in art education and a master's degree in religion from the Howard University School of Divinity. Bessie has been a member of the Links, Inc., Annapolis Chapter, Annapolis, Maryland, since 2004, and she also served on the board of directors at the Takoma Theater. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, cooking, traveling, playing the pedal harp, acting, attending Broadway performances, concerts and painting murals in church.
- Author(s)Bessie Downing
- Date of Publication09/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.