Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionMore than any other writer, Thomas Nelson Page created the elegiac image of the Old South, a garden world of ble cavaliers and faithful retainers that has left its mark on the popular imagination to this day. The popularity of these stories, told with such sincere charm and affection, helped greatly to heal the wounds of the nation, restoring to the defeated South a sense of pride in its culture, and reminding Northern audiences of the virtues of their former foes. Representing the finest of page's writings, these evocations of both the pre-war and post-war South are told by the freed men and women who are its particular heroes.
- Author BiographyThomas Nelson Page was a major figure in the Genteel School of Southern letters in the postbellum period. Among his works were commentaries on Southern social conditions as well as his fiction.
- Author(s)Thomas Nelson Page
- PublisherJ S Sanders and Company Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/12/1991
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleSouthern Classics
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ S Sanders and Company Incorporated
- Weight299 g
- Width138 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.