All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionImagine that the United States were to scrap all its income transfer programs-including Social Security, Medicare, and all forms of welfare-and give every American age twenty-one and older $10,000 a year for life.This is the Plan, a radical new approach to social policy that defies any partisan label. First laid out by Charles Murray a decade ago, the updated edition reflects ecomic developments since that time. Murray, who previous books include Losing Ground and The Bell Curve, demonstrates that the Plan is financially feasible and the uses detailed analysis to argue that many goals of the welfare state-elimination of poverty, comfortable retirement for everyone, universal access to healthcare-would be better served under the Plan than under the current system. Murray's goal, shared by Left and Right, is a society in which everyone, including the unluckiest among us, has the opportunity and means to construct a satisfying life. In Our Hands offers a rich and startling new way to think about how that goal might be achieved.
- Author BiographyCharles Murray is the W. H. Brady Scholar in Culture and Freedom at the American Enterprise Institute. His previous books include Losing Ground (1984), In Pursuit (1988), The Bell Curve (1994, with Richard J. Hernstein), What It Means to Be a Libertarian (1997), and Human Accomplishment (2003). He lives in Burkittsville, Maryland.
- Author(s)Charles Murray
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width151 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised and updated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.