All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thoughtfully curated collection, actors preparing for an audition or searching for quality scenes to hone their chops will find a wealth of contemporary material from American and British plays. Almost all of the works are from the year 2000 to the recent 2014 Broadway production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time, chosen from the point of view of a professional acting teacher, director, and casting director. Along with covering the basics of how to match the best mologue to the actor and how to approach the rehearsal and performance of a piece, the book provides a sypsis of the plays, character descriptions, and lists of questions specific to each mologue that will direct the actor toward shaping a complex, honest, and thoughtful performance with a strong emotional connection, a clear arc, and playable actions. There is also a brief lesson on appropriate rehearsal behaviour and preparation.
- Author BiographyJV Mercanti (New York City) is the director of acting for the musical theatre programme at Pace University's School of the Arts. He is also is a professional director and casting director, who has worked on such shows as the recent Broadway revival of Romeo and Juliet with Orlando Bloom, and the Kevin Kline revival of Cyrano de Bergerac co-starring Jennifer Garner. J. V. is currently developing a new country-and-western adaptation of The Seagull, titled Songbird, with book by Michael Kimmel and music/lyrics by Lauren Pritchard (world premiere at 59E59 Theatres, October 2015).
- Author(s)J.V. Mercanti
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Weight318 g
- Width197 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.