All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn appealing approach to creating elegant, worldly interiors that are rooted in the comforts of home. Interior designer Timothy Whealon is beloved for his accessible style, his seamless blend of classic and modern influences, and his skillful use of artwork and antiques, thanks to an extensive kwledge of fine and decorative arts. Whealon's design philosophy finds its roots in classicism; however, he approaches each project with a fresh, twenty-first-century eye that makes it both modern and timeless. He doesn't believe in interiors that look decorated, as if everything has been done at once. Rather, he layers items from different periods and cultures, artfully mixing the pristine and the patinated. This book is the first to showcase Whealon's interiors, from an airy New York penthouse to a gracious Mediterranean-style villa to a casual beach cottage. Whether urban or rural, grand or intimate, each project exhibits classicism alongside comfort, careful attention to detail, and undeniable appeal. Many of the projects included have been newly photographed for this book, and each is a testament to Whealon's exquisite taste and understanding of how people live today.
- Author BiographyTimothy Whealon specializes in high-end interior design with a focus on fine and decorative arts. His work has been published in Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Veranda, Architectural Digest, the New York Times, and numerous books. A founding editor of the New York Times Styles section, journalist Dan Shaw has cowritten several books, including Mary McDonald: Interiors and The Age of Elegance: Interiors by Alex Papachristidis.
- Author(s)Dan Shaw,Timothy Whealon
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight1769 g
- Width235 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.