All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the vast collection of his writings, the French philosopher Paul Ricoeur only sporadically raised the issue of interreligious dialogue. In this book, comparative theologian Marianne Moyaert argues that Ricoeur's hermeneutical philosophy offers valuable signposts for a better understanding of the complexities related to interreligious dialogue. By revisiting the key insights of Ricoeur's wider oeuvre from the perspective of interfaith dialogue, Moyaert elaborates a Ricoeurian interreligious hermeneutic. In Response to the Religious Other provides a coherent interreligious reading of Ricoeur's philosophy of religion, his hermeneutical anthropology, his ethical hermeneutics. Moyaert shows that Ricoeur makes an exceptionally rewarding conversation partner for anyone wishing to explore the complex issues associated with interreligious dialogue. This book is essential for studies of hermeneutics, ethics, religious philosophy, global cooperation and hospitality, comparative theology, and religious identity.
- Author BiographyMarianne Moyaert is the Fenna Diemer Lindeboom Chair of Comparative Theology and Hermeneutics of Interreligious Dialogue at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Marianne Moyaert
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in the Thought of Paul Ricoeur
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight463 g
- Width164 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.