CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionAT WHAT PRICE HEALTH CARE? Over the last several decades the cost of Health Care in America has skyrocketed to the point where expenditures for medical care will soon -- in a matter of years -- bankrupt our Nation. This was t the kind of future anticipated for our democracy by the Founding Fathers who wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of The United States of America. It has therefore become necessary for us to truthfully identify and vigorously confront the real causes of the Health Care Crisis facing America and account for those massive expenditures that could cripple our ecomy. In Search of Hippocrates is a forceful and comprehensive analysis of the history of how we got into this mess and an in depth examination of the major cost drivers accelerating the upward spiral of rising medical care expenses. This presentation gives both the American people and their elected representatives the opportunity to take a cold hard look at the facts and presents a simple, fair, and equitable solution to the problem. It is an invative and enterprising solution that will put every American citizen in charge of how their money is spent and, at the same time, provide all of us with excellent and affordable Health Care at significantly reduced costs. The gauntlet has been cast for us to do what is necessary to meet this challenge and to maintain our Nation's status as the most powerful industrial democracy in the world.
- Author BiographyMartin J. Collen is a Republican AMERICAN, born in Oakland, California, and raised in Los Angeles. He is an internationally recognized physician who, for more than 30 years, has practiced the art and science of medicine according to the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath. He is the author of more than 250 original research and review publications, including books, articles, and abstracts. He graduated with a BA in Mathematics from UCLA in 1966, and attended Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, Illinois, graduating with an MD degree in 1970. He completed a year of internship in medicine and a year of residency in General Surgery at UCI, and went on to complete an additional two years of residency in Internal Medicine and a two year Fellowship in Gastroenterology at UCLA until 1977. He was an Assistant Professor of Medicine at UCI, from 1977 to 1980, and Instructor of the Year for two successive years. He completed a research Fellowship in Gastroenterology from 1980 to 1985 at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, and was Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Gastrointestinal Research at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C., from 1985 to 1990. He moved back to California in 1990, where he was Professor of Medicine at Loma Linda University from 1990 to 1995 and Clinical Professor of Medicine from 1995 to 2005. He earned an Executive MBA in Health Care from UCI in 1999. Since 1995, he has been in private practice as a gastroenterologist in the Inland Empire. Dr. Collen lives with his wife, Roberta, and their youngest of four children in Riverside, California. Mark J. Handwerker is a Democratic AMERICAN, born in Brooklyn, New York, and raised in three of the five boroughs of the Big Apple. He is a teacher and writer with more than a dozen publications, including books and articles in a number of scientific fields. He graduated with a BS from CCNY in Psychology/Biology and moved to California in 1972 were he attended UCI, graduating with a PhD in Biology in 1976. He began teaching for the Los Angeles Unified School District in 1982 until accepting a position with the Temecula Valley Unified School District in 1988, where he continues to teach young people the basic methodology and principles of science once esteemed and put into practice by the courageous Founders of this Nation. Dr. Handwerker lives with his wife, Judith, in Riverside, California.
- Author(s)Dr Mark J Handwerker,Dr Martin J Collen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.