All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionRiveting and dramatic, In Search of Truth and Hor by Joanne Takasato chronicles the journey of the first female undercover narcotics police officer in Hawaii in the1980's. A fascinating and shocking account of one officer's undercover escapades, after being literally dropped off on a street corner and sent out to infiltrate the world of narcotics trafficking with training, badge, or gun. During her two-year passage through purgatory, the author was forced to make tough, life-altering decisions. She learned to distrust cops even before she learned to be one. In this affecting, yet bittersweet island narrative, readers learn firsthand that undercover work is a lonely path strewn with conflicts of loyalty, friendship and hor. In chapters with titles such as Judge Me Not, and The Dark Side of the Badge, Takasato is refreshingly candid about difficulties she had to overcome for busting a dope dealing cop and breaking one of the most important edicts of the Golden Rules.
- Author BiographyJoanne Takasato is a third generation Asian American whose grandparents migrated from Okinawa to Hawaii in the early 1900's. She retired as a detective from the Honolulu Police Department in 2006 and continues a career in the investigative field in the private sector. She was the first female officer to earn the Hawaii State Law Enforcement Officers Outstanding Officer Award and the first female to earn the Veterans of Foreign Wars Loyalty Award. Over the course of her twenty-seven years of service, she received ten awards and eighty-two commendations for exemplary performance of duties. In Search of Truth and Honor is a journal that fulfills her promise to validate the efforts and personal sacrifices of undercover law officers and federal agents, past and present, all who have walked the same path, shared the same difficulties, and crossed the same thresholds into unknown confrontations in an undercover assignment.
- Author(s)Joanne Takasato
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication27/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width151 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.