Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn Spite of It All: A Story of Recovery and Redemption is the powerful and inspiring story of one man, my husband, Robert Andrew Sevey, and his journey through life, against seemingly insurmountable odds, to become a winner. This is a story about redemption. Bob struggled against abuse, neglect, abandonment, and molestation during his childhood and teenage years. He suffered from learning disabilities that made it impossible to succeed in school. The eventual acting out that resulted from these experiences led to a 5-year prison term. After 25 years on the outside and 3 marriages, Bob finally went into recovery from his addictions and unhealthy behaviors. He learned to read at age 58, was named one of ten Outstanding Adult Students of the Year in Pennsylvania in 1997 at age 62, and earned his high school diploma at age 68. In his recovery he served as a role model for hundreds of men and women in his community, in his church, and in his family. Despite the many adversities is his life, Bob always maintained a wonderful sense of humor. Some of his experiences may make readers cry. Some may make them angry. But many will certainly make them laugh.
- Author BiographyBorn in Mt. Vernon, New York, in 1947, the author was raised in Millington, New Jersey. She attended Douglass College, Rutgers University, majoring in mathematics. After graduation, she worked for 25 years at Silver Burdett Ginn, a subsidiary of Simon & Schuster, as an editor of mathematics textbooks. While on a bus trip in 1985, she met Robert Andrew Sevey. Thus began the love affair of a lifetime for both of them. Over the next 20 years, the author was introduced to the many facets of a complicated man who had finally made the decision to find the peace and serenity that he needed in his life. Life was nothing if not challenging for both of them, since it was the first marriage for the author and the fourth for Bob. But it was a challenge that neither of them would ever have given up. Alex and Bob moved to Mt. Bethel, Pennsylvania, in August 1985. The author still lives in the same house that she and her husband purchased at that time.
- Author(s)MS Alexina Stine-Sevey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.