Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $100.00Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you do if you woke up one morning to find that you were the only person left alive? That's what happens to Meg on the day after she is admitted to hospital for the birth of her child. What follows is a fight for survival in a world where battles between good and evil constantly rage around her. Just as Meg is about to discover the truth about this new world, she finds the rules have changed yet again, and she is back where it all began. From the author of In a House in Yemen and In Conversations with Strangers, In Strange Worlds takes the reader on a fascinating journey, where everything isn't always what it seems to be.
- Author BiographyBrenda Cheers is known for doing everything in life very quickly so it came as no surprise to the people closest to her that once she decided on a career as a novelist, it all happened with blinding speed. A course in Creative Writing was quickly followed by a more advanced one. She began drafting her first novel and then completed three full manuscripts in the next two years. Her great love is Literary Fiction and this is what she aims to write. Fast-paced suspense novels are what fly from her fingertips, however and these tend to feature strong-willed female protagonists as in 'In a House in Yemen' and 'In Times of Trouble'. In her third novel, 'In Conversations with Strangers' there is a different mood. It has a slower pace and the character is troubled and flawed. Brenda felt it was harder to write but more rewarding. In Strange Worlds was published in January 2014. This is a suspense novel which contains surprises and twists. Brenda completed four full drafts before being satisfied with the result, but she found the work enjoyable because the story held her interest. Her heroes in the literary world are James Salter, Pat Conroy and Michael Ondaatje for their finally crafted prose, and fellow Brisbane writers Nick Earls and Ashley Hay. Brenda enjoys watching indie, arthouse and foreign films and is a student of martial arts. She lives in Brisbane with her partner and two daughters.
- Author(s)Brenda Cheers
- PublisherBrenda Cheers
- Date of Publication02/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrenda Cheers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight285 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.