Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Mitt and Ann Romney met in their late teens, a great American love story began. And their life together would be blessed: five healthy sons, financial security, and a home filled with joy. Despite the typical ups and downs, they had a storybook life.Then, in 1998, Ann was diagsed with multiple sclerosis. She couldn't believe it was real; there were therapies or treatments to help her. Mitt told her that day that they would tackle the diagsis as a team: They were in it together. As long as it isn't fatal, we're fine. If you have to be in a wheelchair, I'll be right there to push it, he told her. And Ann thought, But I'll be the one in the wheelchair. A caregiver and helper her whole life, she'd crossed a terrible invisible line. She wouldn't be able to care for her family anymore. She was the patient. Ann and Mitt would face the most frightening and humbling experience of their lives.From reflections on her early life, her marriage, and her diagsis and recovery, the sources of her faith, and the stories of others who overcame adversity and inspired her to keep going, In This Together is a brave and deeply honest portrait of a family facing an unexpected blow, often in the most public of circumstances. A lot of people talk about a transformation that happens when life throws you a curve ball, and the big one in my life was my MS diagsis. With all the blessings I've had, MS has been my greatest teacher: It has taught me about faith, compassion, and serving others. I've met many people along the way who've shared advice and demonstrated ermous resilience in the face of challenges; their stories gave me strength. In sharing my story, I want to give others hope as I've been given hope on this journey.
- Author BiographyAnn Romney, the former First Lady of Massachusetts and global ambassador of the Ann Romney Center for Neurologic Diseases at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, is the bestselling author of The Romney Family Table. She is the mother of five sons and five daughters-in-law and the grandmother of twenty-three.
- Author(s)Ann Romney
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.