Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionI pounded myself against the inside of his head, but it was useless. He couldn't hear me; I was trapped. So, like any other prisoner, I waited. I bided my time. Luke is six. He is a lonely child, but he has one friend, his best friend - Daniel - whom he met in the playground on the day his parents finalised their divorce. Only Luke can see Daniel. They play games together, and Daniel watches over Luke; he is there when he first wakes up and there when he goes to sleep. Daniel's first memory is of Luke calling his name in the playground. Daniel is t an ordinary child. Luke's mother spends more and more time in her room, haunted by family memories. She takes Luke and Daniel from New York to a deserted beach town, as winter sets in. Daniel is changing. He feels faint, weightless. Luke seems forgetful of him. Time passes. Luke and Daniel have t seen one ather for a long time. Until, one night, Daniel suddenly finds himself standing in Luke's bedroom, woken by the sound of breaking glass. He does t kw how much time he has; but he kws how he can be saved.
- Author BiographyBrian DeLeeuw lives in New York City. He was educated at Princeton and at the New School. He has worked in publishing in London and is an editor at Tin House magazine. IN THIS WAY I WAS SAVED is his first novel.
- Author(s)Brian Deleeuw
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication22/07/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight202 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.