Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionA provocative piece of literary work! Provides a vivid exposition of the evil within our midst, the truly dark side of our Saint Lucian culture. Disturbing in its tortuosity, it is t for the faint of heart or those with deep dark secrets. It may be found offensive, inflammatory, and challenging to many of previous eras and also to those in this current era who sing and dance to the words I wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad! . . . Wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine . . . buy the things I never had! A must read, however, for those seekers of wealth, power, and status! The book does a great job of characterizing the escalating problem of depravity of the human soul stemming from social, cultural, and spiritual deficiencies. It begs the question, Has our holy mother, the Catholic church, been able to attain that nexus between Saint Lucia's Afrocentric culture and Christianity? Has our local church been able to challenge and confront what has been deemed acceptable to the bourgeoisie as inherent social/cultural/spiritual values reflected in duplicity in religious outlook ? The book however provides a ray of hope as it culminates in an expression of the beauty of the sacramental life provided by mother church, which is available to all in order to put on God's armor so as to be able to resist the devil's tactics. It is hoped that there are still many God-fearing persons in our society who continue to strive for the virtues of honesty and integrity, t willing to compromise the well-being of their fellowman for the sake of an insatiable ambition for power, wealth, and fame! This brilliant exposition then ought to move those who possess a genuine soul, a social and moral conscience, those who still bear light in their hearts, to bring light and life into successive generations of our beloved country, Saint Lucia, seeking to reject evil under all conditions.
- Author(s)J Lambert St Rose
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.