All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThese two volumes contain the papers presented at a North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Advanced Study Institute held on September 22-28, 1979 in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The conference was entitled In Vitro Toxicity Testing of Environmental Agents: Current and Future Possibilities. This international conference presented an opportunity for the participants to exchange informa- tion and ideas on the current approaches (both scientific and po- litical) for toxic assessment of environmental agents. The poten- tial health effects of these compounds as well as future needs in the environmental research field were discussed. The scientific content of the conference seminars included an overview of the various cellular, subcellular, organ, animal, and genetic systems which have been used to assess the health effects of environmental agents. The scientific principles behind short- term assays and an evaluation of their applicability to health effects monitoring and analysis were investigated. Included among major topics were: (1) the biochemistry and pharmacology of selected environmental agents; (2) molecular mechanisms of car- cigenesis, mutagenesis, and transformation; (3) bacterial muta- genesis and toxicity; (4) mammalian cell mutagenesis, toxicity, and transformation; (5) in vitro carcigens and mutagens; (6) teratogenic and other developmental toxic effects; and (7) the development of short-term neuro-behavioral toxicity assays.
- Author(s)Alan R. Kolber,NATO Advanced Research Institute,North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- Series TitleNATO Conference Series / II Systems Science
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight979 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.