All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking his way from the Polish border in the west, through the capital city and the heart of the 2014 revolution, to the eastern frontline near the Russian border, seasoned war reporter Tim Judah brings a rare glimpse of the reality behind the headlines. Along the way he talks to the people living through the conflict - mothers, soldiers, businessmen, poets, politicians - whose memories of a contested past shape their attitudes, allegiances and hopes for the future. Together, their stories paint a vivid picture of what the second largest country in Europe feels like in wartime- a nation trapped between powerful forces, both political and historical.
- Author BiographyTim Judah has reported on the war in Ukraine for the New York Review of Books and for the Economist, where he is also Balkans correspondent. During his career as a journalist, he has covered many countries and conflicts including the aftermath of communism in Eastern Europe, the Balkan Wars, Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Darfur, Haiti and Uganda. He is the author of Kosovo- War and Revenge The Serbs- History, Myth and the Destruction of Yugoslaviaand Bikila- Ethiopia's Barefoot Olympian.
- Author(s)Tim Judah
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight212 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.