All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn Worcester, Massachusetts: Essays on Elizabeth Bishop reflects the growing interest in the life and work of Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Elizabeth Bishop (1911-1979). The thirty-four contributors to the volume - scholars, creative writers, poets, translators, and biographers - offer essays on a fascinating array of topics: Bishop's crucial and troubled relationship with her birthplace, Worcester, Massachusetts; Bishop as translator and translated; her poetics, travels, and sexual and racial politics; her paintings; her manuscripts and methods of composition; and her place in the can of American literature.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Laura Jehn Menides, Associate Professor of English at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, writes poetry, fiction, and opera lyrics, as well as literary criticism on Elizabeth Bishop and other contemporary authors. Her work on Bishop includes Elizabeth Bishop's Worcester Connections in The Worcester Review (1997) and the forthcoming Elizabeth Bishop Revisited. Angela G. Dorenkamp, Professor Emerita of English and Women's Studies at Assumption College, worked with an interdisciplinary team under an NEH grant to produce Images of Women in American Popular Culture, now in its second edition. She has also served as national President of the College English Association and as Chair of the Massachusetts Foundation for Humanities. The Contributors: Laura Jehn Menides, Thomas Travisano, Barbara Page, Gail H. Dayton, David Thoreen, Stanley Sultan, Sandra Barry, Neil Besner, Carmen L. Oliveira, George Monteiro, Maria Clara Bonetti Paro, Audrey E. Hooker, Harriet Y. Cooper, Joelle Biele, Crystal Bacon, Joan L. Fields, Don Adams, Lorrie Goldensohn, Barbara Comins, Kirstin Hotelling, Helen McNeil, Gary Fountain, Maria Lucia Milleo Martins, Robert Cording, Camille Roman, James McCorkle, Lee Fontanella, M. Sheila McAvey, Lloyd Schwartz, Michiru Oguchi, Margaret Mitsutani, Carol E. Miller, Eden Osucha, Renee R. Curry, Steven Gould Axelrod.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Bishop Conference 1997
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWorcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI Studies) Studies in Science, Technology and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAngela G Dorenkamp,Laura Jehn Menides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.