All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Aura of a Hole explores the work of A Laurie Palmer an artist, writer, and teacher. Her work is concerned, most immediately, with resistance to privatisation, and more generally, with theoretical and material explorations of matter's active nature as it asserts itself on different scales and at different speeds. Her work takes various forms - as sculpture, installation, public projects, and writing. This publication focuses specifically on a decade-long project Palmer undertook - an extended exploration of mineral extraction sites in the US. Through her narration, the project discusses themes of the raw scientific and mechanical aspects of the industry, alongside environmental justice, First Nation rights, industrial agriculture, chemical weapons, low temperature physics, the Cold War, the Iraq War, biotechlogy, bio geochrology, natechlogy, Homeland Security, globalised trade, global warming and unemployment. Palmer has shown her work, both independently and with the four-person art collective Haha, at national and international venues since 1988, and has published writing since 1986. Palmer teaches in the Sculpture Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Her works are in the collections of institutions such as the City of Linz, Austria; the Smart Museum of Art, Chicago; The University of Chicago; the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago; the University Galleries, Illiis State.
- Author BiographyA. Laurie Palmer is an artist, writer, and teacher, currently based in the Sculpture Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Author(s)A. Laurie Palmer
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note40 colour and b/w illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width230 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.