All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cracking book! (Tom Kerridge). The tradition of preserving meats is one of the oldest of all the food arts. Yet, most people simply associate charcuterie with a delicious platter of meats at a restaurant. But real charcuterie goes well beyond that. At its most basic level it is the technique of seasoning, processing, and preserving meat, but the charcutier's bounty ranges from sausages and hams to stuffed game birds and elaborate roasts. Charcuterie can be a succulent confit duck leg on a bed of crisp greens, a rich and meaty stew, or a picnic blanket laden with pates, pickled vegetables and slices of fragrant salami. With over 125 recipes and fully illustrated instructions for making brined, smoked, cured, skewered, braised, rolled, tied, and stuffed meats, plus a primer on whole-animal butchery, this definitive cookbook explains professional techniques that will enable home cooks to experience restaurant-quality meat every day and take their meat cooking to the next level. Start with a whole hog middle, stuff it with herbs and spices, then roll it, tie it, and roast it for a ridiculously succulent take on porchetta. Or brandy your own prunes to stuff a decadent duck terrine. If it's sausage you crave, grind, case, link, loop and smoke your own kolbasz. This book will help you fill your larder with jars of suet and drippings, tubs of flavoured butter and pots of confit. It will show you how to turn a haunch of pork into creamy lard, a heady broth or a smoked ham, and how to whip up an elegant pate, a hearty pot of soup, or a mess of savoury scones. With its impeccably tested recipes, this instructive and inspiring tome is destined to become the go-to reference on charcuterie - a treasure for anyone fascinated by the art of cooking with and preserving meat and an indispensable classic for years to come.
- Author BiographyTAYLOR BOETTICHER and TOPONIA MILLER are the husband-and-wife team behind the Fatted Calf Charcuterie, which they opened in San Francisco and Napa after apprenticing with the legendary Tuscan butcher Dario Cecchini (made famous by Bill Buford's kitchen memoir Heat). The couple met at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, then moved to the Bay Area and worked in restaurants including Mustards and The Cafe at MOMA.
- Author(s)Taylor Boetticher,Toponia Miller
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSquare Peg
- Content Notef/c and step-by-steps throughout
- Weight1627 g
- Width241 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine29 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.