All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A dense and colourful account of one of the most vibrant musical centres in the world, In the City almost puts you on that train to London' - Guardian . In this fascinating history of London's music, which was the 2009 Sunday Times 'Music Book of the Year', Paul Du Noyer, critically-acclaimed music writer and founding editor of MOJO , celebrates the people and places that have made London the most exciting and diverse musical city on earth. The West End musicals, Ronnie Scott's jazz club, Abbey Road, mod culture, the Kinks, the Who and the Rolling Stones are just as much a part of London as the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the Routemaster. Du Noyer's captivating book charts the city's music history and landmarks and will appeal to residents, visitors and exiles alike.
- Author BiographyPaul Du Noyer has been writing about music for over twenty years. His writing credentials include assistant editor of the NME, editor of Q and founding editor of MOJO. He was on the launch team for heat and The Word magazines and remains a contributing editor of the latter. His other books include a history of John Lennon's solo years, We All Shine On, and the critically acclaimed Liverpool - Wondrous Place.
- Author(s)Paul du Noyer
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight249 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.