All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionEncounters with difference are the measure of faith, as how a person of one faith approaches persons of other faiths reveals the heart of religious conviction. Christian congregations are often ill-equipped to respond to differing religious perspectives. Most are hesitant, many are prejudiced. In the Face of Difference offers a basis for constructive response, demonstrating how one can hor people of ather faith by living fully into one's own faith. William Sachs examines how Christians can maximize their spiritual growth through a genuine exchange of ideas and inspiration with those of others faiths, focusing on encounters between Christians and Muslims. By providing a clear and concrete blueprint for congregational leadership in new social circumstances, Sachs charts a course for overcoming major religious prejudice. He demonstrates how bridges can be built by applying the ideals of love of God and love of neighbor, and how faithful people can translate religious ideals into reconciling realities.
- Author BiographyWilliam L. Sachs directs the Center for Interfaith Reconciliation in Richmond, Virginia. He received his PhD at the University of Chicago after earning degrees from Baylor, Vanderbilt, and Yale. He has been a visiting faculty member at various institutions, including Yale Divinity School in 2006 and Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, Chicago. He has written four books, including Homosexuality and the Crisis of Anglicanism and Restoring The Ties That Bind.
- Author(s)William L. Sachs
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.