All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThrough an interview-based study, Victoria Pitts has researched the subcultural milieu of contemporary body modification, focusing on the ways sexuality, gender and ethnicity are being reconfigured through new body techlogies - t only tattooing, but piercing, cyberpunk and such 'neotribal' practices as scarification. She interprets the stories of sixteen body modifiers (as well as some subcultural magazines and films) using the tools of feminist and queer theory. Pitts t only covers a hot topic but also situates it in a theoretical context.
- Author BiographyVICTORIA PITTS is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Queen's College, City University of New York.
- Author(s)Victoria Pitts
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/12/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight319 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.