All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the hardcover edition: [Eckman] traces acupuncture through Chinese antiquity with a very readable clarity absent in other scholarly accounts of the same material. This story blossoms in the twentieth-century convergence of acupuncture traditions in Europe, and stands as the only articulate comprehensive account of this migration.-J. Helms, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture Review A product of monumental research into the tale of how acupuncture has been transmitted from East to West.-Alan Hext, European Journal of Oriental Medicine Acupuncture w enjoys immense popularity as a major form of alternative healing in the West. Once considered mysterious and exotic, acupuncture dates from before the first century BC and the Huang Di Nei Jing (The Yellow Emperor's Internal Classic), one of ancient China's earliest philosophical and medicinal texts. What makes it so popular today? How did the traditions of acupuncture evolve, migrate, and adapt to different societies worldwide? Originally published in 1996 to great acclaim, this updated paperback edition of In the Footsteps of the Yellow Emperor offers a fascinating and highly readable account of one doctor's personal and professional quest to explore the healing traditions of Asia, its rich historical lineage, and its subsequent transmission to contemporary Europe and North America. It is a must-have book in the healing arts for all practitioners and general-interest readers. Peter Eckman, MD, PhD (New York University), MAc (College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa, England) is editor of The Essential Book of Traditional Chinese Medicine and co-author of Closing the Circle: Lectures on the Unity of Traditional Oriental Medicine. He has a medical practice in San Francisco.
- Author BiographyPeter Eckman received his MD and PhD from New York University. He also holds the MAc from the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa, England. He is the co-author of The Essential Book of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Closing the Circle: Lectures on the Unity of Traditional Oriental Medicine. He has an active medical practice.
- Author(s)Professor Peter Eckman
- PublisherLong River Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationSouth San Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLong River Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight367 g
- Width173 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.