All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionArguably the most important living Russian writer, Sasha Sokolov is an ackwledged literary master. Widely admired for his ability to elevate prose to the level of poetry, he is also kwn for his craftsmanship and phemenal use of language. Until w, however, English-speaking audiences have only had access to a few of his acclaimed works - vels A School for Fools (1977) and Astrophobia (1989), and the essay 'The Anxious Pupa.' In The House of the Hanged features the first-ever translation of thirteen of Sokolov's major essays and free verses.Exploring universal truths concerning language, the role of the artist, talent, and virtuosity, these texts provide key insight into the development of Sokolov's shorter forms. Each is accompanied by explanatory tes and an antated index developed by Alexander Boguslawski in conjunction with Sokolov himself. These serve to contextualize Sokolov's Russian cultural and linguistic references, and allow worldwide audiences to enjoy his astounding erudition, wit, curiosity, and ever-developing talent.
- Author BiographyAlexander Boguslawski is a professor in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at Rollins College.
- Author(s)Alexander Boguslawski,Alexander Sokolov
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight500 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byAlexander Boguslawski
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.