Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe story underlying this ethgraphy began with the recent discovery and commercialization of the remnant of an ancient queendom on the Sichuan-Tibet border. Recorded in classical Chinese texts, this legendary matriarchal domain has attracted t only tourists but the vigilance of the Chinese state. Tenzin Jinbas research examines the consequences of development of the queendom label for local ethnic, gender, and political identities and for state-society relations.
- Author BiographyTenzin Jinba is professor of anthropology and sociology at Lanzhou University.
- Author(s)Tenzin Jinba
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies on Ethnic Groups in China
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note9 illus.
- Weight409 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.