All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a 1800s New York spa town, the birth of electricity has struck a chord with the affluent locals. The young entrepreneurial Dr Givings has installed a new 'operating theatre' for the practice of gynaecology and the treatment of his 'hysteria' patients'. A provocative, funny, touching and marvelously entertaining story about a doctor and his wild obsessions with the marvels of 'vibrator' techlogy. The play premiered in New York at the Berkley Repertory Theatre in 2009, followed by a Broadway premiere presented by Lincoln Center Theater in 2010. It was minated for three Tony awards including Best Play. The play has since been produced across the USA and as far afield as Peru and Australia. It premiered in the UK in 2012, at Bath Theatre Royal.
- Author BiographySarah Ruhl received the prestigious Susan Smith Blackburn Prize in 2004 for her play The Clean House, which has been produced at Yale Repertory Theatre in New Haven, Wilma Theatre in Philadelphia, South Coast Repertory Theatre in Costa Mesa, and Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company in Washington, DC. Her play Eurydice has been produced at Madison Repertory Theatre and Berkeley Repertory
- Author(s)Sarah Ruhl
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteprinted music items
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.