All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionIlluminating the impact of loss and grief on our psychological and emotional lives, this book provides vital guidance to ease painful transitions and facilitate healing. The author emphasizes that dealing with the death of a loved one involves more than picking up the pieces and moving on: rather, healing is an ongoing journey on which grief is a constant companion. For those in a supportive role, the focus is on helping the bereaved to navigate the grieving process and, ultimately, to reclaim joy as well as sadness as an integral part of life. Filled with personal narratives and examples, the book demonstrates effective ways to help survivors cope with commonly experienced issues, problems, and concerns.
- Author BiographyDorothy S. Becvar, PhD, is a licensed marital and family therapist and a licensed clinical social worker in private practice in St. Louis, Missouri. She is also president and CEO of The Haelan Centers (TM), a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the growth and wholeness of clients in body, mind, and spirit. Dr. Becvar has published extensively and has presented workshops and courses nationally and internationally on a wide variety of topics. A well-respected teacher and trainer, she has served on the faculties of the University of Missouri/n-/St. Louis, St. Louis University, Texas Tech University, Washington University, and Radford University.
- Author(s)Dorothy S. Becvar
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication29/11/2001
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byPauline Boss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.