All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $24.53
About this product
- DescriptionTed suspects that something is wrong at the Miller's house across the street. What he learns launches him into an uncomfortable and haunting encounter with his neighbor that forces Ted to look inward and examine his own life. Hale's page-turning short story, In the Shade of the Lemon Tree, takes Ted, and the reader, on an emotional, eye-opening journey that reveals one surprising truth after ather. Looking out on the city that never sleeps from his tenth floor penthouse, Daniel seems to have it all. But in The Letter thing is certain, and a tragic turn in life takes him from New York City to the coast of Maine, as he clings to the hope of a past love that may be lost forever. The themes of love and loss flow through the tender and touching short stories in this collection, finding drama in the seemingly simple routine of life-Saturday drives with a grandfather, a stroll along the beach where the past competes with the present, and the anticipation of a family wedding.
- Author BiographyJim Hale was born and grew up in the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis, Indiana. He graduated from Indiana University with degrees in journalism and political science, and went on to work as a newspaper reporter and editor, and later spent a decade running his own public relations firm. He and his wife now live on the east coast of Florida, where they raised a son and daughter. He currently teaches journalism, creative writing, and film at a private college-preparatory school in Melbourne, Florida. He enjoys traveling; reading; watching classic, short and foreign films; and attempting to cook the regional cuisine of Europe. The time he cherishes most is that spent with his family, or walking the beach at sunrise pondering his next writing project.
- Author(s)Jim Hale
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.