All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionIn January 1996, Eric Hargrave, a torious forger who claims to have produced more than a thousand Old Master drawings, is found lying unconscious in a street in Rome. When he dies in hospital a couple of days later, Alberto Conti, an inspector from the Commissariato of Trastevere, is put in charge of the investigation. Conti begins to understand that with Hargrave, thing is to be taken at face value; neither the forger's claims r his work. It comes to light that the artist had been working on a new book shortly before his mysterious death - a book that could expose the many forged works hanging in museums around the world, and one that is w missing...Conti's search is going where, even with the help of Guilia Vasari, a friend of Hargrave's who is keen to find the manuscript. When the book eventually appears in the hands of a London art dealer, there are many questions left for the inspector to answer but political pressure soon forces him to close the investigation. As the forger's posthumous book is being readied for publication, an unexpected turn of events sheds new light on Hargrave's dealings and a possible cause of his death. But will it be eugh to reopen the case? In the Shadow of an Old Master is a thrilling read for anyone interested in the complex and sometimes murky dealings behind the glossy catalogues of auction houses or museum exhibitions and the havoc forgeries can cause in prominent auctions and gallery sales. After all, who hasn't dreamt of buying an artwork for a few pounds, only to find out it is a lost masterpiece worth a fortune?
- Author BiographyP.J. Blake was born in Paris but spent most of his life outside France. He has spent the last 35 years with his wife and two children in Denmark, Hong Kong, Italy, England, Greece and Germany and draws inspiration from the colourful characters he has met and the different cultures he has experienced. In the Shadow of an Old Master is his first published novel.
- Author(s)P.J. Blake
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.