All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis celebratory volume shares what makes the Crescent City so special--from its fascinating history and rich musical legacy to its enduring traditions and cultural landmarks. Includes an insider's list featuring bars for the cocktail conisseur, venues for the music maven, and can't-miss restaurants for the gourmand.
- Author BiographyDebra Shriver is a twelfth-generation Southerner, admitted Francophile, and devotee of jazz music. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, she and her journalist husband bought and lovingly restored an 1850s Greek Revival home in the city's historic Vieux Carre neighborhood, and chronicled her incredible story in Stealing Magnolias: Tales From a New Orleans Courtyard, published in 2010. She is a media executive with the company founded by William Randolph Hearst and sits on the boards of the New Orleans Museum of Art, the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, and the Apollo Theater Foundation in Harlem. Shriver is a self-professed New-New, dividing her time between New York and New Orleans. This is her first book with Assouline.
- Author(s)Debra Shriver
- Date of Publication10/10/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width193 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.