All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, first published in 2006, examines the incentives at work in a wide range of institutions to see how and how well coordination is achieved by informing and motivating individual decision makers. The book examines the performance of agents hired to carry out specific tasks, from taxi drivers to CEOs. It investigates the performance of institutions, from voting schemes to kidney transplants, to see if they enhance general well being. The book examines a broad range of market transactions, from auctions to labor markets, to the entire ecomy. The analysis is conducted using specific worked examples, lucid general theory, and illustrations drawn from news stories. Of the seventy different topics and sections, only twelve require a kwledge of calculus. The second edition offers new chapters on auctions, matching and assignment problems, and corporate governance. Boxed examples are used to highlight points of theory and are separated from the main text.
- Author BiographyDonald E. Campbell is CSX Professor of Economics and Public Policy at William and Mary College, Williamsburg, Virginia, where he has taught since 1990. He previously served as Professor of Economics at the University of Toronto from 1970 to 1990. He is the author of Resource Allocation Mechanisms (Cambridge University Press, 1987), and Equity, Efficiency and Social Choice (1992). His published research has appeared in leading journals such as Econometrica, the Journal of Political Economy, American Economic Review, the Journal of Economic Theory, Review of Economics Studies, and the Journal of Mathematical Economics.
- Author(s)Donald E. Campbell
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note106 tables
- Weight950 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.