All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past three decades, China has successfully transformed itself from an extremely poor ecomy to the world's second largest ecomy. The country's phemenal ecomic growth has been sustained primarily by its rapid and continuous industrialization. Currently industry accounts for nearly two-fifths of China's gross domestic product, and since 2009 China has been the world's largest exporter of manufactured products. This book explores the question of how far this industrial growth has been the product of government policies. It discusses how government policies and their priorities have developed and evolved, examines how industrial policies are linked to policies in other areas, such as trade, techlogy and regional development, and assesses how new policy initiatives are encouraging China's increasing success in new techlogy-intensive industries. It also demonstrates how China's industrial policies are linked to development of industrial clusters and regions.
- Author BiographyXuedong Ding is Chairman and CEO of China Investment Corporation (CIC), Beijing, China. Jun Li is a Senior Lecturer at Essex Business School, University of Essex, UK, and a Visiting Professor at the Business School of Jianghan University, Wuhan, China.
- Author(s)Jun Li,Xuedong Ding
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/02/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary China Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 37 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.