All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe author presents a promising tool to increase the coverage rate of community-based health insurance schemes (CBHI) and access to medical care for poor population groups in developing countries. He addresses a key problem of CBHI: Authorities cant sanction n-members and membership cant be enforced. Therefore, it is proposed to award membership by offering incentives such as raffle participation for joining a CBHI. This approach attracts new members and can be a motivation to continue membership payments of healthy insurance members. The results of an ex-ante demand analysis conducted in the Philippines are promising. More than 80 % of the respondents would like to participate in the raffle and would even agree to higher premium payments covering additional costs of the raffle.
- Author BiographyThe Author: F. Markus Kaiser studied Health Sciences and Political Science in Kiel, Bielefeld and Oslo. He currently works for the AVRDC - The World Vegetable Center, Tainan (Taiwan) as a Grant Development Coordinator.
- Author(s)F. Markus Kaiser
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleDevelopment Economics & Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight160 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.