All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second edition of Incident Management for the Street-Smart Fire Officer , author Skip Coleman expands on the mindset and tactics necessary to manage the fireground with more control and less chaos. Incident management system (IMS) is a tool that defines the role and responsibilities of each fire department member, allowing crew members to function quickly and efficiently upon arrival at the fireground - all the while meeting the commander's expectations. Regardless of the size or geographic location of fire department, an IMS is one of the most practical invations available that yields measurable results. The days of chief officers pulling up to a fire and allowing the fire to run them are over. Incident management makes thinkers out of commanders.
- Author BiographyJohn (Skip) Coleman is a retired assistant chief from the Toledo (OH) Department of Fire and Rescue. He retired with more than 32 years of experience and managed every major bureau in the department. He is a graduate of the National Fire Academy's Executive Fire Office Program and teaches and lectures throughout the United States and Canada. He is the author of Incident Management for the Street Smart Fire Officer (Fire Engineering, 1997) and Managing Major Fires (Fire Engineering, 2001) and is moderator of Fire Engineering's monthly Roundtable. He serves on the FDIC educational advisory board and is a technical editor for Fire Engineering.
- PublisherPennWell Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationTulsa, Oklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPennWell Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.