All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionIncidents in the Life of a Slave Girl was one of the first slave narratives, and is a must-read for anyone interested in African American history. In this autobiography, Harriet Ann Jacobs (originally using the pseudonym Linda Brent) wrote about her struggle for freedom and the sexual abuse she endured. It's an intense memoir, and an eye-opening glimpse into the way humans will abuse other humans. It's also a testament to the strength of the human spirit as she gains her freedom, living to share her story. This Large Print Edition is presented in easy-to-read 16 point type.
- Author BiographyHarriet Ann Jacobs (1813-1897) was an African American writer, who was born into slavery, but managed to gain her freedom. She was a reformer and an abolitionist speaker. In addition, under the name Linda Brent, she wrote Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, one of the first autobiographies about living in slavery. That narrative included her accounts of the sexual abuse female slaves suffered, as well as the struggle for freedom.
- Author(s)Harriet Ann Jacobs
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.