All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInclusion is a difficult, complex issue for which there are off-the-shelf answers. To be an effective practitioner it is necessary to identify what makes each situation and circumstance unique and use this kwledge to develop strategies and approaches that are appropriate. This timely new text examines the key perceptions, perspectives and concepts around inclusion in the Early Years. Drawing on real-life experiences of practitioners, it considers the questions practitioners are likely to come across in their professional lives and how they might genuinely go about meeting the needs of all the children in their care. The book covers all aspects of inclusion including special educational needs, gender and sexuality, multiculturalism, multilingualism, Roma and traveller communities and ecomic wellbeing. Each chapter features: * Case studies to develop reflective thinking * Boxed examples to illustrate key points * Questions to promote discussion and debate * Antated further reading lists With case studies drawn from current research and thinking points which encourage reflective practice, this book will be essential reading for students on early childhood studies programmes and early years foundation degrees that wish to become reflective and critically aware practitioners.
- Author BiographyKathy Brodie is an Early Years Consultant, author and Lecturer. She delivers training on planning, observations, schema, working with under 2s, outdoor play, EYFS sustained shared thinking, profiles and Special Educational Needs. Kathy has also been an Early Years Professional assessor and mentor for NW Early Years Transformation Group (Chester, Liverpool Hope and Cumbria Universities) and previously lectured on the University of Chester's Early Childhood Studies course. Keith Savage taught in primary schools and colleges for more than 20 years before retiring. He is currently a councillor on High Peak Borough Council in Derbyshire.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight392 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKathy Brodie,Keith Savage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.