All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionInclusive Play is a practical guide for providers and practitioners. It is based on research conducted in 32 out-of-school services in 14 local authorities. The policy background to the book is the Disability Discrimination Act and the Department of Health Quality Protects programme. Inclusive Play starts from an understanding that disabled children should have access to mainstream out-of-school play and childcare services. As well as reporting children's and parents' views, the book identifies the organisational support necessary for inclusive provision, covering funding, staffing, premises and transport. It looks at the part played by voluntary sector advocacy groups and what local authorities can do. There is also a chapter on good practice - and some of the potential pitfalls - in the following areas: referrals, brothers and sisters, monitoring and reviewing, challenging behaviour, play and safety, medicines, lifting and carrying, toileting and outings. The book concludes with the main challenges for developing inclusive play: the demand for affordable services and the development of training and support for inclusive practice. Inclusivity is about fostering a mind set, claiming social, physical and psychological accessibility for all children and fostering inclusive thinking among providers, staff, children, parents and, t least, local government departments.
- Author(s)Mano Candappa,Pamela Storey,Pat Petrie
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUnderstanding Children's Social Care S.
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitute of Education Publications
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsSaddle-sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.